✖ Close Social Content
District 2

Second Street Corridor Improvements Projects Public Meeting Feb. 23, 2016

02/19/2016

Bernalillo County will host a public meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 23 to share design plans and discuss improvements for the Second Street SW corridor in the South Valley.

WHO:       BernCo Public Works and design consultants

WHEN:    Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2016

                 Open house at 5:30 p.m., presentation begins at 6 p.m.

WHERE:  Mountain View Community Center

                 201 Prosperity Ave. SE

One project will reconstruct Second Street from the Valle de Oro National Wildlife Refuge entrance to Desert Road. The design and construction consist of a multi-use trail from the Valle de Oro National Wildlife Refuge entrance to Mountain View Elementary School, as well as sidewalks along the west side of Second Street.

The project cost is approximately $12.5 million, including design, environmental assessments and construction. Bernalillo County is receiving federal funding that will pay for 85 percent of the total project cost. The county will match those funds and pay for the remaining 15 percent of the project cost.

A second project will design and construct a 10-foot wide asphalt multi-use trail along the east side of Second Street, from Prosperity Avenue to the South Diversion Channel. Project cost is approximately $772,000 for design, environmental clearance and construction with federal funding paying for 85 percent and the county matching with 15 percent.

Residents are encouraged to attend and provide comments regarding both of these projects.

For questions about the projects, residents can contact Veronica Cid, project engineer, at (505) 848-1528 or visit the project page for more information.

back to list

View All Events
Latest news
Upcoming Events
  • Enjoy Pickleball for those ages 50 +. Free on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from noon to 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 4 p.m. Call (505) 468-7341 for more info.
    Location:
    South Valley Multi-Purpose Senior Center, 2008 Larrazolo SW
    Time:
    11/22/2017 12:00 PM - 11/22/2017 4:30 PM

  • Join us Wednesdays from 12:30 to 4 p.m. for a tin class for those ages 50 +. Class size is limited to 20 and all participants must bring their own tools. Questions? call (505) 468-7341.
    Location:
    South Valley Multi-Purpose Senior Center, 2008 Larrazolo SW
    Time:
    11/22/2017 12:30 PM - 11/22/2017 4:00 PM

  • Enjoy Pickleball for those ages 50 +. Free on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from noon to 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 4 p.m. Call (505) 468-7341 for more info.
    Location:
    South Valley Multi-Purpose Senior Center, 2008 Larrazolo SW
    Time:
    11/24/2017 12:00 PM - 11/24/2017 4:30 PM

Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management