Bernalillo County Floodzone Information
Bernalillo County provides a Map Information Service to lenders, insurance agents, mortgage companies and the general public with regard to the National Flood Insurance Program through the Floodplain Administrators office.
The services provided include:
· Whether a property is in a SFHA or not (also available online)
· The Flood Zone designation(A, AH, AE, C, X, X Protected by Levee)
· The base flood elevation where shown on the FIRM.
· Whether or not mandatory flood insurance will be required for the property
· Maintenance and review of map revisions (LOMRs)
· Copies of Elevation Certificates
· The Community Number
· The Flood Insurance Rate Map Panel Number and suffix
· The date of the FIRM’s Index
· The elevation datum used on the FIRM.
· Maintenance and review of historic FIRMs
To use this service, please contact the Bernalillo County Floodplain Administrator, Mr. Don Briggs at 505-848-1511 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bernalillo County maintains the most current flood zone mapping on the interactive Advanced Data Viewer
webpage. Use the FEMA menu on the right side of the page to select the maps you want to view.