The County of Bernalillo shall appoint three (3) members with one member representative of private and voluntary sectors within the County. For City appointments, the terms are mandated by legislative instruction (Article 6: Public Boards, Commissions and Committees). Terms are for three (3) years with no person serving more than two consecutive terms on any public board, commission or committee.
The composition of the Council shall be as follows:
1) More than 50 percent older persons (aged 60 and over) including minority individuals who are
participants or who are eligible to participate in programs offered under the Act;
2) Representative of older persons;
3) Representatives of heath care provider organizations not funded through the Area Plan;
4) Representatives of supportive service provider organizations not funded through the Area Plan;
5) Persons with leadership experience in the private and voluntary sectors;
6) Local elected officials; and
7) The general public.