✖ Close Social Content
County Assessor
  • Contact Information
    (505) 222-3700
    (505) 222-3771
    Monday - Friday
    8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    ✖ Close Menu
  • Most Popular Pages
      Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Threading.Tasks, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      ✖ Close Menu
    • Search Assessor
      ✖ Close Menu

    It is our intention to provide you with helpful information and answers to the most commonly asked questions.

    Please click on the flyer below to view a PDF version.


    For a detailed answer, please click on any of the questions below.


    Q: What if I am a 100% Disabled Veteran?

    A: The New Mexico Veterans' Service Commission determines all eligibility and issues Certificates of Eligibility to all qualifying veterans.  For more information, call the Veterans' Service Commission for details of eligibility by the legislature for veterans (505-346-3986).

    The Certificate of Eligibility (original only) may be used to claim the New Mexico Property Tax Exemption which is a 100% exemption of property taxation.  Once the exemption is claimed, it is retained on property tax records for subsequent years without reapplication.

    A veteran, with a tan-colored "New Mexico Veterans' Service Commission Disabled Veteran Property Tax Waiver Certificate of Eligibility",should apply with the Assessor's Office between January 1 and the last day of February for the exemption.

    back to list
    View All Events
    County Meetings
    Upcoming Events
      Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management