✖ Close Social Content
County Clerk

It is our intention to provide you with helpful information and answers to the most commonly asked questions.

For a detailed answer, please click on any of the questions below.

Q: As a new property owner, where do I go, and what steps should I take to record my ownership documents on a piece of property? And where do I go to have a document recorded?

A: Go to the local County Clerk's Office located on the 6th Floor at 1 Civic Plaza N.W. (at 5th and Marquette) - Albuquerque,  N.M. 87102. Paid parking is available in the basement.

Upon reaching the 6th floor go to the Recording and Filing Dept., Room 6029, and record the ownership documents. The Recording and Filing Department records documents such as real estate contracts, and all new purchases or transfers of real property. We also record State and Federal liens, discharge papers, death certificates, hospital liens and release of liens, mortgages, living trusts, power of attorney, deeds of trust, plats, quit claim deeds and transcripts of judgement. There are over 150 instruments of public record.

back to list
Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management