✖ Close Social Content
County Clerk
  • Contact Information
    One Civic Plaza NW 6th Floor
    P.O. Box 542
    Albuquerque, NM 87103-0542
    Phone 1:
    (505) 243-VOTE (8683)
    Phone 2:
    Recording & Filing 
    (505) 468-1290
    Phone 3:
    Marriage License Information 
    (505) 468-1243
    Fax 1:
    Bureau of Elections 
    (505) 468-1293
    Fax 2:
    Recording and Filing 
    (505) 468-1294
    Monday - Friday 
    8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    ✖ Close Menu
  • Most Popular Pages
      Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Threading.Tasks, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      ✖ Close Menu
    • Search Clerk
      ✖ Close Menu

    It is our intention to provide you with helpful information and answers to the most commonly asked questions.

    For a detailed answer, please click on any of the questions below.

    Q: If my spouse and I own property in joint tenancy and my spouse dies, how do I obtain sole title to the property?

    A: Usually, you can record the Death Certificate in the County Clerk’s Office in the Recording and Filing Dept. and present the certificate to the County Assessor’s Office to change the assessment records. However, if the property is not held in joint tenancy, processing the estate in Probate Court may be required. You should obtain legal advice on all real estate transactions relating to your particular situation. The staff of the County Clerk’s Office cannot advise you on legal questions.  The Probate Court phone number is: 468-1233 or 468-1234.

    back to list
    Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management