By law, the County Clerk’s Office is the only agency permitted to issue marriage licenses.
All marriage license applications are permanently filed, as are marriage records.
The cost of a marriage license is $25, which can be paid with cash or the following credit cards: Discover, Visa, Master Card and American Express.
Marriage License requirements:
- Applicants must be one female and one male.
- Both applicants need to be present.
- Both need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Both need current legal pictured ID, or birth certificate.
- Both need proof of Social Security number.
- Fee is $25.00.
- Parental consent if 16 or 17 years of age.
- Court order if 15 years of age.
- Marriage licenses are issued and valid immediately.
- Marriage licenses do not expire.
- Blood tests are not required.
- For additional questions, please call the Marriage License information line (505) 468-1243.