Click Here to View Subpages
The County Attorney’s Office provides legal services to the Board of County Commissioners of the County of Bernalillo. The County Attorney also represents the interests of other elected or appointed officials when those interests are compatible with those of the Board of County Commissioners.
The attorneys employed by the County Attorney’s Office provide service that is competent and dedicated to public service. The attorneys commit themselves to professionalism and to understand and further the needs and goals of the Board of County Commissioners while adhering to the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality.
To accomplish our mission, we will:
- Provide responsive legal advice and client service.
- Provide assistance to the Board and to County Officers to enable them to carry out their policy goals.
- Provide assertive representation in litigation and administrative hearings.
- Provide prompt and effective assistance in negotiation and drafting of contracts and other legal documents.
- Provide training and resources to enable us to achieve the goals of the Office.