Bernalillo County is dedicating the roadway at the Metropolitan Detention Center (MDC), as well as a monument wall and meditation area in memory of Deputy Dean F. Miera, who died in the line of duty in October of 2010.
In May, the roadway surrounding MDC was renamed to Deputy Dean F. Miera Drive. Through a partnership between Bernalillo County, the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Department and the Bernalillo County Deputy Sheriff’s Association, a monument wall, memorial plaque and meditation area in Deputy Miera’s honor were erected along the roadway. Elected officials, members of the Miera family, members of the Deputy Sheriff’s Association and law enforcement officials from multiple city, county, state and federal agencies will all be in attendance at this dedication.
WHO: Bernalillo County Commissioner Wayne Johnson, Sheriff Dan Houston, Miera Family
WHEN: Wednesday, Nov. 16 10:30 a.m.
WHERE: 100 Deputy Dean F. Miera Drive SW
Back to news list
Directions to the dedication site at MDC:
· West on I-40 to Atrisco Vista Blvd, Exit 149
· South on Atrisco Vista Blvd
· Turn right (west) on the frontage road
· Travel west until you reach a stop sign
· At the stop sign turn left (south) on Shelly Road
· Continue south on Shelly Road south past Sandia Speedway
· Continue onto Deputy Dean F. Miera Dr SW
· The dedication site will be on your right