County Manager Tom Zdunek has been at the helm of the state’s largest county for 20 months. At today’s County Commission meeting, he will report on his accomplishments thus far.
“I have been focusing my attention on delivering better customer service, evaluating the county’s performance, and restructuring the organization to ensure that the county functions in a way that allows employees to meet our goals and objectives,” says County Manager Tom Zdunek.
Some of the accomplishments Zdunek will highlight in his presentation include:
Back to news list
- Establishing the Virtual One Stop Service (VOSS) to streamline the permitting and licensing process
- Convening a community focus group to gather input on how the county can improve its website
- Establishing the Service Through Performance Initiative to identify and measure customer-focused data to improve customer service
- Posting the most recent performance data on the website, including how Bernalillo County’s performance data compares to other counties of similar size
- Retooling department performance measures to focus more on effectiveness and efficiency
- Developing and submitting a strategic plan to commissioners for review and input
- Developing a new ratings system to evaluate capital improvement projects submitted by the public for consideration
- Installing GPS units in county vehicles to improve employee oversight and fuel usage
- Advertising upper management positions to encourage an open employment process and a more diversified employee workforce
- Instituting an online coaching tool to provide supervisors and managers with a resource to provide effective employee coaching and discipline