Bernalillo County has launched a new online software system to enhance the hiring process for job seekers and personnel managers.
The county has partnered with NEOGOV, the nation’s largest cloud software for human resources in government and education.
“The county is pleased to launch this new user-friendly, web-based system,” says Commission Chair Maggie Hart Stebbins. “NEOGOV gives job-seekers easy access to information about county openings and offers a vastly improved application process that will benefit both applicants and hiring managers."
Earlier this month, Bernalillo County joined over 1,000 organizations across the nation now using NEOGOV’s cutting-edge technology for personnel management.
Here are some of the features that NEOGOV offers:
· Applicants can apply for current vacancies or sign up to receive alerts when a job opens in a specific area of interest
· Applicants can electronically submit one application and apply for multiple openings at once
· Applicants can track the application process and submit job-related questions
· Applicants can establish online profiles with NEOGOV and apply for jobs with other employers that also use
· NEOGOV streamlines the job posting process for HR and department managers, and expedites the overall hiring
process, providing greater accountability when selecting new employees
“Since launching NEOGOV, 2,200 people have applied for jobs at Bernalillo County,” says County Manager Tom Zdunek. “It is our goal to provide our customers with excellent service, and to that end, we believe this application will help us attain that goal.”
Bernalillo County currently has 70 job openings and processes about 29,000 job applications each year, from lifeguards to snow truck drivers to corrections officers.
Back to news list
To apply for open positions, applicants can visit the county’s website at www.bernco.gov.