The Bernalillo County Board of Commissioners has approved Interim Fire Chief Frank Barka as the new Fire Chief of Bernalillo County.
“Bernalillo County is proud to announce the selection of Chief Barka as the new leader of the second largest fire department in New Mexico,” says County Manager Tom Zdunek. “After an exhaustive search, our fire department has a new chief with a long history with the county and the fire service.”
Frank Barka Resume Highlights:
• Served as Bernalillo County acting/interim fire chief since - August 2012
• Named Bernalillo County Deputy Chief of Support Services -January 2008
• Promoted to Fire Marshal-September 2005
• Began work in Fire Marshal’s Office-June 2000
• Hired by Bernalillo County Fire Department-July 1995
• Began career with Bernalillo County Fire Department as a volunteer firefighter 1982-87, before entering the Coast Guard
• Fire Chief of Valencia County-1994-2004
“I am honored to be named the new Bernalillo County Fire Chief and I look forward to implementing positive change for the department,” says Chief Frank Barka.
Back to news list