Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Bernalillo County’s Economic Development Department--with the help of at least four marketing powerhouses--will take its show on the road through the end of April to help local businesses grow in all five county commission districts. The five-week tour kicks off with its first, two-day stop tomorrow and Friday at the Raymond G. Sanchez Community Center, 9800 4th Street NW, from 9 a.m. to noon in the North Valley. It’s all free and all part of the county’s “Increment of 1 Initiative” to create 500 local jobs over the next two years.
Each event will give business owners the chance to apply for “micro loans,” sign up for free business development classes at the Albuquerque South Valley Small Business Development Center and the Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce, explore the benefits of social networking with representatives of U-Public, learn how to do business with New Mexico’s burgeoning film industry, and for artists, craft ways to profit from their work.
Members of the county’s Economic Development Department will attend all five tour stops to guide participants through the process.
- District 1: March 24 and 25, 9:00 a.m. to noon, Raymond G. Sanchez Community Center, 9800 4th Street NW
- District 2: March 31 and April 1, 9:00 a.m. to noon, Westside Community Center, 1250 Isleta Blvd SW
- District 3: April 14, 15, and 30, 9:00 a.m. to noon, Cesar Chavez Community Center, 7505 Kathryn SE
- District 4: April 7 and 8, 9:00 a.m. to noon, Paradise Hills Community Center, 5901 Paradise Blvd NW
- District 5: April 20 and 21, 9:00 a.m. to noon, Los Vecinos Community Center, 478 1/2 Old Hwy. 66, Tijeras
No registration is required. For more information, call 468-7818.
Back to news list