County Treasurer Manny Ortiz meets with Bernalillo County property owners at his offices at One Civic Plaza.
County Treasurer Manny Ortiz, along with four county commissioners and the county clerk were sworn in Jan. 1, 2013 during a special oath of office ceremony held at the Second Judicial Courthouse in Albuquerque.
The Treasurer's Office is the property tax collector for the County of Bernalillo, City of Albuquerque, Albuquerque Public Schools, the State of New Mexico, and other taxing agencies within Bernalillo County. More than 272,000 property tax bills, plus approximately 34,000 delinquency notices are mailed by the county Treasurer's Office annually.
As the county’s “banker,” the Treasurer’s Office also collects money for a variety of county services, licenses, and revenues from bond issues and special assessments. It supervises how public money is invested based on the advice and consent of the County Commission.
The county Treasurer’s Office provides a variety of online customer services such as the online tax payment option, tax records searches, a property tax calculator, and a comprehensive list of common tax questions and answers.
Services (What We Do):
- Mail approximately 272,000 property tax bills and 34,000 deliquency notices annually.
- Collect and receipt approximately $555 million from property tax payments.
- Perform investment activities for county funds and prepare the county's investment portfolio.
- Administer banking operations and coordinates efforts with the Bernalillo County fiscal agent bank.
- Provide an option for taxpayers to participate in the monthly payment program.
- Provide an option for taxpayers to conveniently pay online.
Administration and Enforcement of Property Taxes Article 38 section 7-38-1 NMSA 1978 - section 7-38-93 NMSA, 1978.