To work with and serve the residents of Bernalillo County through programs designed to preserve and protect public health and safety, and improve the environment, by administering land use, building, planning, and environmental health regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
Services (What We Do):
- Administers the county's building, zoning, planning, subdivision, business regulation, impact fee, street name, and other development-related regulations.
- Coordinates public hearing and approval process for land use and development matters before the Bernalillo County Board of Commissioners, County Planning Commission, Zoning Administrator, and County Development Review Authority.
- Provides plan review, inspection, and complaint response services for building, electrical, plumbing and mechanical permit applications.
- Coordinates zone enforcement, nuisance abatement and property maintenance programs in conjunction with other county departments.
- Issues zoning and building permits, business licenses, and property addresses.
- Works closely with business, development industry and neighborhood representatives on community planning efforts.
- Coordinates and maintains county-wide enterprise management system Accela Automation, Accela Citizen Access, and department e-commerce technology.
Bernalillo County Code Chapters 10, Building and Building Regulations; 14, Businesses; 46, Impact Fees; 62, Planning; 66, Roads and Bridges; 74, Subdivisions; and Appendix A, Zoning.
Beginning Oct. 21, 2013, we will be featuring an upgrade to our permitting system. In order to serve you better, we are proud to bring you ACCELA Automation - an intelligent permit management system. Your up-to-date licenses and contact information will be transferred to the new system. If you have outdated information or expired licenses, our staff will help you become current.
- No KIVA permits will be processed after 3 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 18.
“Today, Accela powers thousands of services and millions of transactions for more than 500 public agencies worldwide, enabling governments to connect with citizens and streamline processes related to land management, asset management, licensing, and public health & safety.” SOURCE: http://community.accela.com/default.aspx
- Improving Service To Customers And Professionals
- Increasing Our Efficiency
- Improving Response Time
- Engaging Customers And Businesses
For more information or questions, please contact Mari Simbaña, Permitting Center Manager, 505.314.0350.