✖ Close Social Content
Sheriff's Office


HOURS ARE Monday - Friday 10AM-2PM

Our Civil Unit is open on a limited basis. Anyone needing to file for civil processing may do so at 400 Roma NW, M-F between 10 am to 2 pm. The Building is closed to the public, upon arrival please call 505-468-7140 and we will assist you in to the Building.

To obtain a copy of a report, please fill out a Request Form found on our website, you can either bring it in to our office at 400 Roma NW or email to bcsorecords@bernco.gov, the cost is .50 cents a page, we need payment before the report is released. If you choose to mail payment, once the request form is received and completed, we will call you with the cost, we accept money orders or cashier’s check, payable to Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Department mail to:

Bernalillo County Sheriff's Office
Judicial Operations Division
400 Roma Avenue NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102

The Sheriff is required to serve all judicial process in the manner prescribed by law.

The courts provided information guides for most types of process service and enforcement actions to better inform you of our policies and procedures. However, please be aware that only an attorney is allowed to give legal advice, not the Sheriff.

Deputies Assigned to Civil Process are on duty Monday - Friday 7 A.M. - 3 P.M

400 Roma NW, 1st Floor
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102

Hours Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.

Process Service Information

Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department only serves documents in Bernalillo County. If you have a document that needs to be served in a different county, please contact the appropriate county's Sheriff's Department.  

Fees for Sheriff Civil Process Service

As of July 1, 2008, the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department requires advance payment of $40 for service of process. This fee is non-refundable. Make checks payable to the "Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department." If you have an order for waiver of service fees issued by District or Metropolitan Court, enclose it with your process.

How can I evict a tenant?

Evictions can only occur after a landlord has received a judgment from the court and a writ of restitution has been served or posted on the property. The purpose of a writ of restitution is to place with the rightful party restitution of real property. Writs of restitution usually arise as a result of a tenant's non-payment of rent or a breach of the rental or lease agreement.

After the process has been brought to the Sheriff's Department with the appropriate fee of $40, you or your appointed agent will receive a telephone call to inform you of the exact time the Deputy Sheriff will meet with you at the property.

If you have any information regarding the occupants of these premises related to mental instability, history of or significant propensity for violence or hostile confrontation with law enforcement, please telephone the Judicial Operations Division office.

On the day of the eviction you must change the locks at the residence while the Deputy Sheriff stands by for a reasonable time for this purpose. The landlord must provide access to the property in order to complete the eviction process. Due to scheduling constraints, some delay may occur in the deputies arrival and the deputies may not necessarily be able to stand by for extended times.

If the occupants vacate the property prior to the eviction date, please call the office directly (505) 468-7140.

back to list
View All Events
Upcoming News
  • Testing Schedule Subject to Change REQUIRED ITEMS: 1.A state issued ID or military photo ID 2.Business casual attire for written exam
    Sandia Preparatory School
    532 Osuna Rd NE
    Albuquerque, NM
    12/5/2020 8:00 AM

Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management