Bernalillo County – Bernalillo County will rescind its coronavirus (COVID-19) closure instruction and reopen most facilities at full capacity.
However, many county offices will remain closed or have limited face-to-face interactions due to the county’s impending move to its new headquarters at Alvarado Square. Many offices will be relocated over the next month and will not reopen fully until the county’s official opening day at Alvarado Square, Monday, Aug. 16.
During the county transition period into Alvarado Square, anyone needing to conduct business in person, should contact that office directly before visiting. Business hours may vary depending upon the department.
The Bernalillo County Health and Public Safety Division would like all residents to note that this reopening should not be viewed as an end to the pandemic and that coronavirus (COVID-19) no longer exists.
“The coronavirus is still active in Bernalillo County as residents continue to contract the coronavirus and deaths are still occurring related to the virus,” says Bernalillo County Manager Julie Morgas Baca. “All residents who still want to wear a mask are encouraged to do so, especially those who are not vaccinated.”
Notable exceptions to the reopening are as follows:
Assessor’s Office –Main office closed to the public
- Walk-up window Service: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Located on north side of Assessor’s building
- Available by phone
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Phone: 505-222-3700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Services – www.bernco.gov/assessor
Clerk’s Office – Closed to public access
- Contact: 505-468-1290 or email: email@example.com
- Bureau of Elections – 505-243-VOTE or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register to vote or update registration at BerncoVotes.org
- Marriage Licenses – By appointment only – 505-468-1290
- Recording & Filing department- Call 505-468-1290
Treasurer’s Office – Office is closed
- Payment window in the basement of Government Center is open M-F, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Contact the Treasurer’s Office by phone at 505-468-7031 M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tax payments may be made online at: www.bernco.gov/treasurer; by mail to: PO Box 27800 Albuquerque, NM 87125; via Bernalillo County drop boxes located at: Fifth and Marquette NW, Village of Tijeras Offices, Paradise Hills Community Center, Raymond G. Sanchez Community Center, and Westside Community Center
Bernalillo County encourages non-vaccinated residents to follow CDC guidelines for mask-wearing. Vaccinated individuals are asked to continue social distancing, frequent and appropriate hygiene practices and voluntary mask-wearing.