✖ Close Social Content
County Clerk
  • Contact Information
    One Civic Plaza NW 6th Floor
    P.O. Box 542
    Albuquerque, NM 87103-0542
    Phone 1:
    (505) 243-VOTE (8683)
    Phone 2:
    Recording & Filing 
    (505) 468-1290
    Phone 3:
    Marriage License Information 
    (505) 468-1243
    Fax 1:
    Bureau of Elections 
    (505) 468-1293
    Fax 2:
    Recording and Filing 
    (505) 468-1294
    Monday - Friday 
    8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    ✖ Close Menu
  • Most Popular Pages
      Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Threading.Tasks, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      ✖ Close Menu
    • Search Clerk
      ✖ Close Menu

    Search posts:

    A: You have to get the marriage license before having your ceremony.

    A: There is no waiting period. When you come in to get the marriage license providing you have met all the requirements you will leave with the marriage license.

    A:  No, you don’t have to be a resident of Bernalillo County.

    A: No, you must have a ceremony or an exchange of vows. The marriage certificate must also be filled out and signed by two witnesses and the officiant who performed the ceremony or exchange of vows.

    A: No, the witnesses only have to be present during the ceremony. That’s when they will sign the marriage certificate.

    A: No. Anyone that is licensed, ordained, or certified to perform a ceremony can marry you.

    A: Please see Marriage License information.

    A: Anyone that is licensed, ordained, or certified to perform a ceremony can marry you.

    A: No. To officially change your name you will need to go to Social Security office (500 Lead Ave. SW, Suite 100), and then to a New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division office.

    A: No appointment is needed. We work on a walk-in basis.

    A: We are located on the South East corner of 5th Street and Marquette. It’s the City/County Government Center building. We are on the 6th floor, room 6029.

    A: Yes, both parties need to be present to get the marriage license.

    A: For more information on marriages performed by a judge, please visit the Metropolitan Court webpage.

    Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management