✖ Close Social Content
County Clerk

It is our intention to provide you with helpful information and answers to the most commonly asked questions.

For a detailed answer, please click on any of the questions below.

Q: Can I record a copy, or must I record the original document?

A: The County Clerk’s Office (Recording and Filing Dept.) requires the original document, which must be signed by all pertinent parties and notarized. The original document is returned to you after being scanned, recorded, and indexed. If the original document cannot be obtained, a certified copy of the document will be accepted in lieu of the original. This information may also be retrieved, from the Recording and Filing Department of the County Clerk's Office, by using the buyer’s name (grantee), the seller’s name (grantor), or the document’s reception number.

back to list
Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management