Bernalillo County Redistricting
As a result of the 2020 Census, Bernalillo County and other jurisdictions will be redrawing the geographical boundaries that correspond to certain elected offices to account for changes in population. As populations grow, shrink, or move around, districts must be redrawn so that each district contains approximately the same number of people.
Bernalillo County elected offices include five Bernalillo County Commissioners, the Assessor, Clerk, Probate Judge, Sheriff and Treasurer. Bernalillo County is seeking public input on the redistricting process.
This page contains maps with the existing boundaries and will be supplemented with proposed changes.
- Oct. 12 – Initial plans; discuss Research and Polling report (see below); review possible change maps; constituents may comment through the website or directly to their Commissioner
- Nov. 9 – Revised plans; presentation by Research and Polling; public comment period continues; each Commissioner will have the opportunity to meet individually with Research and Polling
- Week of Nov. 15 – Additional work session for second-round revisions if necessary
- Dec. 14 – Bernalillo County Commissioners will vote at the Bernalillo County Commission meeting and adopt the new district boundaries.
- Click here to submit a written public comment.
- Call (505) 448-3365 to make a public comment that will be transcribed verbatim.
Current District Maps
Current Proposals To Date (Nov. 22, 2021)
Please click on the link below to see a presentation Research and Polling made to the County Commission on Oct. 12, 2021 regarding the below Concept A, Concept B and Concept C.
Concept C-3 is the most recent redistricting plan being considered by the Bernalillo County Commission. The goal of this concept is to equalize the population of each district while keeping the cores of existing districts intact. Under concept C-3, the Uptown area is kept whole in District 5 and most of South Broadway, East San Jose, and the Kirtland Addition go into District 3.
- Click here to read a report on redistricting prepared for the Bernalillo County Commission by Research and Polling.