During inclement weather, BernCo road crews closely watch weather reports and stay on standby, poised for action. BernCo road crews are on-call during this winter storm.
Residents can get the current conditions of county roads and snow removal efforts in the unincorporated areas of the county, outside of the city limits, during winter storms at www.bernco.gov.
“This is our first major storm of the year and Bernalillo County’s Public Works road crews are ready to clear roads and make roads safer for the duration of this storm and for the coming winter storm season,” says Commission Vice Chair Charlene E. Pyskoty. “When a snow storm hits and temperatures drop, residents have to stay informed to stay safe, both on the road and at home.”
BernCo has an informational brochure about the emergency road and winter operation procedures for the East Mountain and canyon areas. The brochure includes:
- Contact information for Bernalillo County, the New Mexico Department of Transportation and the City of Albuquerque
- State and county’s priority of roads for winter snow removal – heavy traffic and windy roads are given priority and are always cleared first
- How the diversion of traffic works during inclement weather when there are road closures
- What to expect when road closures happen
- Winter preparation tips for both on the road and at home
To download and print the brochure, visit www.bernco.gov/WinterRoads.
To submit a road work order request in the unincorporated areas of the county, outside of the city limits, county residents should call the Bernalillo County Contact Center at (505) 848-1503.